Thursday, September 1, 2011

How to Prepare for a Baby (when you don't know if it's a boy or girl...)

One of my favorite comments when people find out that we kept the gender a surprise is "Oh you must be so laid back, I'm way too much of a planner to not find out." Those of you who know me well know that I am a Planner with a capital P. Keeping the gender a surprise is totally doable - in fact, it adds an additional element of planning that I love. 

So, here's how I've gotten as ready for Hartley Baby #3 as of now:

1- Pull out Addie & Davis' newborn totes. Re-sort and wash the things I love and want to re-use. 
2- Order neutral carseat.


3-Hang pictures in the Living Room with a glaring EMPTY frame just waiting for a sweet, chubby face to fill it. 


4-Buy a new coming-home outfit for either a boy or a girl, keep the receipt so the un-needed gender outfit can be returned. 


5-Try to stay comfortable while feeling HUGE (this is way bigger than my stomach was with Addie OR Davis when I delivered and I still have 2 1/2 or 3 weeks to go....) 

6- Enjoy the last few weeks with just these two to gobble up my attention.

Addie and Davis both came on their own at 38 weeks, actually Davis came at 37 weeks 5 days, and both were over 8 lbs. So we're hoping for a healthy baby that maybe could follow in it's brother and sister's footsteps and come a couple weeks early. We shall see!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ok you nutcase (I am a massive planner too) . . . do you at least have names picked out?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! You look so cute (and by all means, NOT huge), and yes, I know you are a planner and the empty picture frame seriously cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay it worked! i am seriously in love with your belly!!!!! you look gorgeous! and your kiddos are so so beautiful! can't wait to see pics of this new little one! i will send happy labor thoughts your way for sooner rather than later :)

    good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad to get on your blog!!! Okay you keep saying that you haven't done anything to get ready for the baby, you have done a lot!!! so fun talking with you today, it's almost here!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have it all under control(as usual) Can't wait to see that new little Hartley. I miss you guys like crazy.

    ReplyDelete