Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wonderful Winter Wedding Weekend

We had a fun weekend in Salt Lake for my little sister Katelin's wedding! The drive down was great - no weather whatsoever. The drive home on Sunday was a different story. It dumped snow on Friday. Jeremy's plane was delayed coming into SLC from Omaha on Friday night and when we weren't sure if he would make it, I thought I might cry! But he did - at 12 am, mind you - and we are all able to be together for Katelin and Brad's wedding.

It's late, but wanted to post the fun pictures of the reception before the busyness of Christmas hits me this week! I didn't take many outside the temple because it was FREEZING cold and the temple was insanely busy. Most of the pictures are of Addie and her cousins, Zachary (6), Camilla (5), and Alex (3). Emma is our youngest cousin at 6 months old. Addie has the MOST FUN running around with them being the "little" sister, which is something she isn't used to. She loved running around with them. (And when I say running around with them, I mean that literally!!!)

Camilla would literally pick Addison up off the ground - like two inches, but still - and carry her around. I thought Addie would protest but she actually loved it and it was hilarious to watch.

We went to the lights on Temple Square on Friday night. It was snowing these huge flakes (you can see them in the photo). We bundled up the babies (Davis in back, Emma in front) and walked around for awhile. It started out like this, but ended up like this:
At this point, we decided to bring the babies inside!!! It was really coming down, but really beautiful.

Then on Saturday we bundled up again to go see these two get married:


This is Addie and her cousin Alex. They are 14 months apart - the same as Addie and Davis. So next year around this time, this is how big my kids will be! Crazy! They had so much fun and Alex is just such a sweetheart.Here they are munching on Davis' snacks - after dumping them ALL out.

So fun.

Of course we had to take the old "stretch your arm out as far as possible and take your own picture" picture. Always a flattering angle.

Zachary, Camilla, Addie and Alex.

Alex, Addie and Camilla. This picture is so sweet!
If there is bread in the area, my child will find it.

Addie and Estela, Jacque and Alejandro's girl. She is turning 1 on New Years Eve and just started walking. She's such a doll!
Jeremy was a groomsman, so we were both dressed up. I think it was the first time we've both been dressed that formally together since we went to the Governor's Ball in 2004. (Yes, my dress had pockets! I loved it. I searched forever to find the perfect black dress for the wedding and was so happy when I found this one.)

The bridesmaids' bouquets were just mini versions of Katelin's bouquet.


Just so you don't wonder where my pictures of Davis are, here are a few. He was literally being passed around from person to person all night. He's so smiley and happy everybody wanted to hold him - and I was happy to oblige! Here he is with one of my favorite people, my uncle Bryan.

Another picture of the cousins.

Congratulations, you guys! We had a great weekend

10 comments:

  1. I love the photos! Everyone looks so good. I especially love how well your addy posed in just about every picture;model in the making. Katelyn looked beautiful! I am glad your back; at least for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate and you look beautiful! I love your dress. Now come home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely coming back to Omaha. But not in the winter, Holy Moly! We would totally have to do the zoo, I've heard so much about it. Hope you have a great Christmas! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Addie looks adorable in that red dress! She poses so cute! And Davis in that sweater vest...too cute! We miss you guys but glad you did an update. We'll be back for the new year, so maybe we'll have to ring it in together! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big Addie looks- in a few of those pictures she looks about 15 with her arms around her cousins. I love your dress- you look very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! How long are you in town? We're here until the 28th (Sunday). Looks like everything worked out wonderfully!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the pics...it was a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had fun....wish we could have gotten together. I love the last picture of you and your little guy. You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pictures are all sooo cute. the picture of the temple while it was snowing is awesome. You look great in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey, i went private but I didn't have your address to give you an invite so email me at markandlisaelder@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete