Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, we are finally getting adjusted back to life here at home.

We had a great visit to Idaho over Thanksgiving/Christmas but are happy to be home. Here are some pictures of our visit. I really didn't take many photos, so you'll have to stalk my family's blogs to see more.


Davis is CRAZY about bath time. He loves the water and is always all over the place. Here he is with Addie and baby Emma (my niece) - he will pull himself up and slip and just get back up and do it again!

Here was my big project - planning my sister's Idaho reception, mainly the decorations. I will have to have my brother send me more pictures of the room - once again, I didn't take pictures - I think it turned out great.

Jeremy and I drove through the night a couple of weeks ago and got home around 10:00 am. (I'm now thoroughly convinced that whenever it is possible, this is the ONLY way to travel with kids.) When we pulled up to our house, I told Addie we were home and she didn't give me any sort of reaction, so we just started to unload the car. As soon as we opened the door from the garage, though, she just started screaming with happiness and clapping her hands. It was so cute and funny.
(Addie playing around while Jeremy and I unpacked after getting home!)

We were able to spend a VERY wild New Years Eve with our friends playing board games and eating treats. It was actually very fun, and although I literally got lapped in points by Jeremy, I am already plotting ways to plan a surprise beat-down of everybody next time we play. Just wait! :)

Addie's also been swimming and played at the park with her friends this week. We are glad to be back home. Jeremy started school yesterday and I think he is glad to be back.

Davis has been changing like crazy the last couple of weeks. He is babbling nonstop and is clapping and shaking his head "no". He was getting up to eat once at night, around 3 am. After we got home and settled, it was time to stop that feeding. And after only one night of about ten minutes of protesting, I am THRILLED to say he is consistently sleeping from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am. It's amazing being able to actually wake up and not still feel totally exhausted.

On New Year's Eve, I made some homemade soup, and Davis was fussing so I gave him a carrot stick to play with and caught a couple cute pictures.
He is also climbing the stairs, which is a new trick he showed us the very morning we got back from our trip. We were unloading and putting things away, and he just started up the stairs. It was so fun but scary! I have to watch the kid ALL of the time now, because he is in to everything.

He was pretty pleased with himself!

Lastly, I have to post this video. Addie and Davis have been so cute together lately. I have to be sneaky or else if she sees the camera she just starts saying "cheese".

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're home safe and sound. I love the video of your little ones. That is very cute. And I just have to say, I think Davis is one of the cutest little things I have ever seen....I know you won't disagree.:) Happy New Year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it sounds like you had quite the adventure. I am glad you were able to make it back okay, and to get back in the swing of things. Your kids are so cute and changing everyday. Nice job with the wedding reception it looked GREAT!! How is Addisons arm doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay you are back! i have to say, i'd much rather have you be a blogger than a facebook-er. and every morning that i get up for work, i'm just a little jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I'm glad you guys figured out the secret to traveling with kids. Tyler and I will remember that in the future. You can tell Tyler and I miss you because we both had dreams about your family last night! Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right...it was a VERY crazy night. In fact, I think it rivaled the ball drop in NYC! We had a ton of fun though and next time we won't let Jeremy win! ;) OK, he legitimately smoked us but I'm going to chalk it up to beginner's luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Natalie! I'm so sad I didn't get to see you. Clint ended up going to Arizona for a business trip and I decided to just stay with my parents in Preston for a while longer. That way I wouldn't have to sit there by myself for a week! Next time though, your kids are adorable and I can't beleive how big Davis is. It looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...I can't believe Katelin is married! Wow.
    Where do you live close to ND. I guess I have no idea where you even live. Matt is doing alot of work over there.

    ReplyDelete