Sunday, May 17, 2009

Airplanes, Plants & a Fun Visit

We were so happy to be able to have my parents come and visit this weekend for my birthday (which is tomorrow, by the way)! Of course the time went by way too fast and saying goodbye is just so hard. We miss being so close to all of our families!
We went to the Strategic Air & Space Museum in a little town about twenty minutes west of Omaha. It was so fun and the kids were able to run around pretty freely.

Taking a snack break in the stroller. You were able to roam around the hangar and walk up to these old airplanes.
You can kind of see all of the planes behind Jeremy. There was a huge one that was hanging from the ceiling right as you walk in!

Future pilot Davis. He loved this little ride/mini airplane. He's very focused.

He could have spent all day in this thing.
That afternoon, we visited this huge nursery that my dad has been itching to visit ever since we moved here. It did NOT disappoint. There was so much stuff and they helped me pick out some beautiful flowers for my front yard. The kids were SUCH big helpers getting the flowers potted. (See below.)

We also visited the Kanesville Tabernacle, a church history site over in Council Bluffs, Iowa. It was the first tabernacle built by members of the church and it was were Brigham Young was sustained as the 2nd president of the church.



We sure do miss *all* of our grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, and friends back in Idaho and out west. Come visit!!!!!

P.S. May is crazy busy month for birthdays - Happy Birthday to Kate, Mitch, Noall,
me, Chad....am I forgetting anybody??

P.P.S. I almost forgot the mo
st exciting news! Jeremy received word that he officially passed his finals and is now an M2. (Second year student.) One down and many, many, many more to go. But ONE down!

16 comments:

  1. The kids are so big! We miss you guys lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you...I hate to be cliche but the kids are so big! We can't believe how much Addie is a big girl and Davis looks like such a cool kid. Every time they grow I feel bad for not visiting, miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always great when parents visit. It looks like the kids loved it. They are getting so big. Happy Birthday. I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

    PS I had no idea that there was a church history site that I have not been too. I thought my parents drug me to them all when I was younger

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just had an earthquake while I was reading your blog...I'm not sure what that's a sign of???

    So glad you had a great visit - isn't it great to just hang out around where you live and do local stuff?

    Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One down, that's pretty good! Keep going! I can't believe how big the kids are and Addy's hair is so long! So adorable! Maybe if you ever came out here for a visit, I could give you a ride in the fancy new HONDA... :) Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you had a great weekend. We love and miss you. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! What a boy Davis is, sitting in that airplane! I'm glad you didn't get slowed down with the sickness while your parents were here. And let me be the first (since it is 1 am): Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Natalie. If you and Jeremy want to go out to celebrate I csn come over and watch the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy looks exactly the same - does this woman not age like the rest of us??? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pics! How fun to have your parents visit. I would love to come see you guys but we have to save money for the baby. Congrats to Jeremy on one year down!! FYI-my b-day was on Mother's Day. It's ok that you missed it though. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun that you got to see "Rob's Tabernacle" as it is affectionately called in my family. Named after my brother who spent much of the first 2 months or so of his mission helping to build it! There's your trivia for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday -- we miss you and the kids. Tell Jeremy Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun that your parents were able to come and visit. I am so glad that you have a blog!! It is so fun to see where you've landed. And, I know I've said this before... but your kids really are DARLING!!

    Feel free to check out our blog whenever :)
    Hope you had a fun Birthday today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a good birthday! You and Addie look just like your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey - I may just have to visit to go to the church history site :) And no, my old roommate Aunna was doing the Jillian thing and that's where I heard of it. Since I don't watch TV (despite what you may think based on my recap of finale week) . . . I never knew dear old Jill had a dvd out. Um, it kills. I am sore today but I love it! Are you seeing results or is this just a bunch of crap?

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey....One year at a time. What nursery did you go to? I hate that I missed spring. so sad. Oh well...gotta get on the planting business fast before time runs out. So fun that your parents got to visit!

    ReplyDelete