Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sick House

So, we're sick. All four of us. I was thinking about it and me being sick at the same time as the kids has its advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages:
-I don't panic about if/when I'm going to catch whatever illness the kids have.
-It's easier to stay at home and do nothing when you don't feel like leaving the house either.

Disadvantages:
-Usually if the kids are sick and I am not, they are content to sit and read or watch movies and I can get a LOT done without a lot of interruptions. To say my to-do list is getting out of control is a complete understatement.
-I hate it when my house gets messy and lets just say....it gets messy if we're all down and out.

Most days, the kids and I are out the door by or before 9. Either to a class at the gym, taking Addie to preschool, the library, errands, etc. When we all get sick, it definitely changes up our normal schedule.

On Monday I wasn't sure how we were going to stay home all day without going crazy. But by today (Wednesday) I think we've got a pretty good at-home-all-day routine going.

I know I think this every time they get sick, but why don't I do more stay-at-home days when we are healthy? So this is my goal, after we get well, to be more intentional about staying at home together when we are healthy, not just when we are forced to because of illness.

And since no post is complete without pictures, I thought I'd throw in this one....my sister in law is looking for blessing outfits for her son (our new nephew!) and finding out what I did two years ago...that it's HARD! Anyway, I sent her a picture of what we blessed Davis in and oh boy, I forgot how chubby and wonderful he was as a newborn. Here's what I sent her:



P.S. On a side note, Jeremy is sick too. It's horrible when he's sick at the same time as all of us. Because as much as I want to complain to him about our day spent at home in our pajamas watching "Madagascar", he has to actually get up and DO THINGS - HARD things like study how the body works and diseases and take tests, etc. It just feels wrong to vent to him about the advantages/disadvantages of being sick with my kids, so I'll just blog about them instead.

P.P.S. It seems (knock on wood) that the sickness is on its way out....! Just in time for me to leave on Saturday afternoon for Salt Lake City my little sister's college graduation. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks again for watching McKenna for us. Lauren loved to have us to herself again.

    ReplyDelete