Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer Vacation, part 3

This is the last part, I swear...

Anyway, after some fun in Boise with Jeremy's family and our friends, we headed up to Donnelly, Idaho to a beautiful cabin for some fun with my side of the family. The cabin was gorgeous and was a five minute walk to the beach/dock area of the lake. Since it was the middle of the week, we practically had the place to ourselves!

My dad has this new tradition of ordering a Carnegie Deli cheesecake (from THE Carnegie Deli) flown out to wherever our little reunions are taking place. I love the tradition, don't get me wrong, it was just an interesting way to end our family's "Biggest Loser" competition. Ha ha. Anyway, that's the explanation of the cheesecake shot below.







Davis is mad here that I picked him up for a picture. He was wading out in the lake in his jeans up to his knees even though it was maybe 55 degrees out (it was early morning).

My little Davis LOVES the water and sand. (Too bad we live in the MIDWEST.) Note the wet jeans and shoe. He could throw rocks and sand into the lake (or river when we were with the Hartleys there) all day. It was FREEZING, he had lost a shoe, and just kept going. Crazy kid!Those of you who know my Addie personally know this was CRAZY - she was so tired but didn't want to go back to the cabin to nap (and truth be told, I didn't want to take her either!) so I gave her the option of sleeping under our canopy on the beach. I was totally shocked that she actually DID!

These two were inseparable. Actually, Addie has so much fun with all of her cousins from California AND Washington! We wish all of you lived closer! I had to steal this picture from my sister-in-law's blog, because it's my SIX year old niece kneeboarding behind my dad's boat. She LOVED it and did SO great! (As opposed to my child who cried just watching people ski from the shore. Ha ha.)

P.S. Jeremy just started classes (FINALLY) for his second year of school. Let's get this show on the road!!! I have to agree with a recent blog post from a new friend Erin (our husbands study together day in and day out together at school and we just finally met this summer!!!) that the blessings we have experienced over the past year in Omaha with friends, family, neighbors, etc. have truly made this medical school thing so far an overwhelmingly positive experience. Here's to getting another year out of the way!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! Now I'm craving cheesecake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure looks like you had a ton of fun. Props to Addie for taking a nap on the beach, that is just crazy. I am glad you are back in Omaha though mainly because I am selfish and missed you. Good luck to Jermery and school. We made it through one year already Go Us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for year 2 starting! Let's get the show on the road!

    And we finally found a lake with a sand beach very close to us! Maybe there is one near Omaha or in between!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures glad you are home and getting into your normal routine. Best of luck this year and I will be seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cabin looks so nice! Dillon would've loved the water and sand too! Looks like so much fun! I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete