Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Vacation, Part 1

Can I just say that I am in love with my kids? I generally loathe the my kids are the best posts you see on people's blogs - of course they are! Everybody loves their kids! But I just have to say, they were total, total champs on the 2000 MILE roadtrip we took last week. We went from Omaha, to Mt. Rushmore, SD, to Salt Lake City, UT, to Boise, Id. They were SO great. NO potty accidents from Addie (can't say the same for Davis), no real whining, lots of books read and movies watched but they did so. great.

Because we had such a monster drive out here, we have lots of photos and I have no time - way too many friends and family to see!!! So, this is part 1 of many of our summer vacation photos.

We stopped at Old Macdonald's Farm after getting into Rapid City at about noon (those of you doing the math - we left Omaha at 3:00 am. Long enough for Jeremy and I to get enough sleep to feel mostly rested enough to drive, but early enough for the kids to go back to sleep in the car).

Davis is the pen with the calves. He was a total fan until the calves noticed him and walked up to him! I swear all of the baby animals went after him - maybe because he was their size?

Meeting the baby sheep and goats.

We made the kids take pony rides. Addie was not sure of the whole thing, but was a good sport about it.

Davis, on the other hand, screamed for about ten seconds and then LOVED it.

Do you see this face?

Such a serious little guy.

Finally meeting up with Grandma and Grandpa and cousins Zachary and Camilla at the hotel.

Part 2 coming up...eventually.

13 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the Black Hills and can't wait to take the kiddos there! Hope you have a wonderful time at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addie looks tortured! Poor kid. She's gonna hate ponies the rest of her life! I'm sooooo jealous you got to go to Boise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - you're wearing your moms smile!! You look so much like her - just like she did when she was your age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that everything went so well on your trip up to Rapid City. I hope its that good on your way back to Omaha too. Your kids are so awesome! We miss you guys, but have fun in Boise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're courageous for making such a long trip with young kiddos. I'm glad they did well--looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Jeremy is always wearing that shirt! At least he is getting good use out of it. Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good; I'm glad the drive went so well. I've been thinking about you guys and wondering. Love the pics!! I can't wait for you to get back already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carlee & I can't wait to see you! I've got my PILOT all gussied up for you and the girls night! (Okay, Clint is making me admit the truth, it's a mess, but still - I think I could manage to clean it by the time we have our girls' night!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, I think that is time for you guys to come back, I miss all of you. Glad your road trip was a complete success. Our four hour road trip needed a 25 minute run- around break, when we were 15 minutes from North Platte, because we were falling apart. I stole the sunglasses in your garage. Thanks. If anyone ever asks about them, I'll give them back; I promise. (if they are not broken that is).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I noticed the H&M shirt too. How funny. You need to come see my big belly and our nursery before heading back home. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Natalie! I love your blog, so cute! I'm glad the kids did so great on the car ride, it definitely makes traveling much much easier! Well I hope you are having a great time, but I'm sure you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also am very impressed that your kids did so well driving for that long! Looks like you guys are having a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete