Monday, February 8, 2010

What can I say?

I realize the daily post thing got dropped. DAD - if you think this is bad, you should see my actual journal....moving on....

It snowed another 5 inches here last week. (Actual conversation: "Eh, what's another 5 inches?") and the temperature was above zero...I think it may have even been above freezing, but maybe it just felt that way.

Anyway, when it's February in Nebraska, anything above 30 or so degrees=playing outside weather!!!!

So I got the kids all suited up (oh I'm longing for the days of shorts and sandals - so much easier!) and sent them out on their merry little way. Addie started getting more and more brave and wanted to "dig" the snow with her little bucket we use to make sand castles at the park in the summer. So she climbed the "snow mountain" (her words) in our backyard. It's a mountain. For reals.

Reminder - Here's my beautiful backyard in the summer:


And here's how I found Addie on Friday: (You HAVE to click on these pictures to get the full effect!!!)



Davis has never been a fan of the snow...until he discovered you can eat it.



Mother nature....SERIOUSLY??!?? I'm OVER THE SNOW.

8 comments:

  1. LOL...I probably SHOULD NOT tell you that I am about done harvesting my winter garden and am moving on to spring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That is a lot of snow! I remember visiting UT and eating snow... it was great as a young child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you, I was just thinking the other day that I'm completely ready for shorts weather (don't mind the fact that it mostly means I'll be having another baby, but still...)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. We keep getting snow storm after snow storm and I was stuck inside all day. We live on the mountain so it's too icy on the steep roads for me to get out. I am so excited to bring out my sandals too and your backyard is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am over the snow too! Can't wait for Spring and Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that by any chance Diet Coke snow that Davis is chugging?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie, I am so with you! I am definitely ready for spring, or at least the sun to come out longer than a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. diet coke snow? Really dad??? =)

    ReplyDelete