Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What 67 Degrees Looks Like

We have had the warmest weather this last week. Totally NOT typical February weather. It was mid 50's for a few days and last week it got up to 67 degrees. The kids and I didn't know what to do with ourselves! 


Of course we had to play outside as much as possible. We cleaned the car, vacuumed it and washed it, opened the windows in our house. It was fabulous. Of course reality hit and it's back to the 30's again this week, but the little taste of Spring will hopefully get us through the next 6 weeks.


Davis picked this outfit. I wasn't in the mood to argue, so figured why not. The moon boots proved to be a good choice, as parts of the backyard were total mud puddles. I guess that's what happens when 2 feet of snow melt in three days.





The kids played outside with neighbor friends, making up games and playing ring-around-the-rosie around the tree in the front yard. Addie and Davis traced each other with sidewalk chalk - always their favorite. 

Addie even wrote her and Davis' name - she is loving writing lately and asks me to spell all sorts of things for her to write. 







4 comments:

  1. You had my weather for a few days - isn't it glorious?

    As for the knives: 1) no reception = no goods 2) married in Denver = nobody gets us anything since we're not from Denver 3) we are super picky and would prefer to pick out all our own stuff 4) I never follow registries and therefore would never expect anybody to follow mine
    5) we're 27 & 30 . . . not expecting stuff at all

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I move in 96 days (does that seem eager?) . . . May 28th. We'll be all moved into our house by June 1st and I'll live there and once we're all hitched and it's legal, I guess I'll let him live there too. But if you drive through, you do need to come see me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Davis looks so much like Jeremy at that age. Can't wait to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you please post again some day? You've been on my mind a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete