Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Week in Review

I know it's a little late for my week in review. I need Jeremy's laptop to post on our blog and its been a bit busy with his school lately!

First things first, Jeremy took his first test on Saturday and it took about four hours. I helped him study the night before and was totally astounded at all of the information! We also got our tuition bill in the mail - the realities of medical school are now upon us. I now have a very strong argument for anybody who says doctors don't earn their salaries. He is already studying for his next text in another two weeks.

Not much else to report on here. The weather has turned almost fall-like so its really nice. I love the fall! Jeremy and I have our five-year wedding anniversary next Saturday. Pretty sure he'll be studying so I'm not planning on doing anything big.

So we have wild cottontail rabbit that comes to visit us. Almost every night it is back there chomping on our grass. We even saw two the other day. I was a bit freaked out about this, but apparently its common around here??? I know it's not the best picture, but it was pretty hard to snap a photo without it running away.

In my effort to fill my day up with things Addison and I can do while Davis is napping, we've been cooking things almost every day. She is a great helper and loves licking the spoon.

This photo is for you, Emily. I TRIED making some homemade flour tortillas this week and this is one of the better looking ones..... Addison had a lot of fun helping me with the little balls of dough, though, so I will keep practicing....

Like I said the weather turned cooler and on Sunday it was really cool before we left for church. I was finally able to pull out some cute fall things for the kids to wear to church so I thought I would snap a picture before we left. My camera died before I could get a picture of the back of Addison's hair it has gotton so curly its so fun. Now if only the sides would grow so she wouldn't have such a mullet....

My little man all dressed for church. These are all 6-12 month clothes and the kid is 5 months old! He has his 6-month well child appointment in a couple of weeks and I am anxious to see how big he has gotten. Luckily Britax has their twice-yearly sale coming up in a couple of weeks because the kid is outgrowing his infant seat every day. I'm sure he will be over the twenty pound weight-limit before I know it.

We love and miss you all! Update your blogs! ;)

10 comments:

  1. I love Addison's shoes! Do you think they come in my size??? Not a chance. The kids look ten times bigger than the last time I saw them! Miss you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I'm Cicely Cain and my friend, Tally, told me that we seem to have a lot in common! We should chat!

    -Cicely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little clothes Davis is wearing to church are adorable! I missed you at the shower, but I'm excited for you to come back home for Thanksgiving - you'll have to come see the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, my life is pretty boring so I don't have anything to post. How did your stroganoff turn out??

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! LOVE THE TORTILLA!!! They do get better and better the more you practice...I knew Addy would love to make them w/you. I'm doing the baking/cooking thing w/Alex almost every day, too!
    And, yes, rabbits are ALL over the place there. We saw them almost every time we went to the parks. (They are as much of a nuisance to garden-lovers as the deer in NY...) That's fun you have a nightly visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey can you let me know when the Britax sale will be? Matt is already 14lbs at 2 months and I don't think he will make it till Feb when the next sale will be.

    Sounds like life is very busy right now. Love the pictures of your kids. I check your blog a lot to see how things are going. I hope he did well on the test and I think Dr's earn every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never mind I see it starts tomorrow but I found a great deal today! Good thing I read your blog or I would have missed it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. FYI...I think Emma may end up giving Davis a run for his money! She's staring to grow into some of her 6-9 month clothes (mostly dresses)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I want kiddos and to stay home! I guess I have kids in a sense, they're just all delinquents and almost 21. I'll be home for Christmas break and that's it. I'm doing the turkey thing here (I go home for Zach's homecoming next month and couldn't afford three months in a row - money or time-wise). When it Katilyn getting hitched?! Will I see you in December?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss your kids a ton. They look great and I love Addy's shoes were did you get them. Hope anniversary went well can not wait to see you over holidays.

    ReplyDelete