Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pardon the Interruption...

Can I just go off-topic for a second here???......

So a lot of my D.C. friends have asked me what I think about this year's election and Obama and then McCain's VP pick Sarah Palin. I honestly don't know! I have been very wrapped up in my own little family and was so ticked off at the way the Republicans ran the primaries that I haven't really paid attention.

Mostly just haven't paid attention.

But it bugs me that I don't have any solid opinions on the subject, so I have been trying to surf the internet and actually watch some of the convention coverage and news, although most of that falls during my most busy time of day - getting the kids fed, bathed and to sleep. I did catch Obama's convention address which was really fascinating to watch (that's right I said it).

Anyway, this link is for you Amanda. Actually anybody who enjoys good writing (NOTE: a bit of language towards the end which totally surprised me but go with it).

I L.O.V.E. Peggy Noonan's writing style and she's one of the few columnists I actually try to read on a semi-regular basis because let's be honest the only thing I'm reading on a REGULAR basis is Elmo's Colors and Shapes with Addie.

Peggy Noonan Article

Please no floggings - like I said I am very much on the fence about a lot of this election. Just thought this was such a great perspective I had to share, especially with my girlfriends who I know will be interested.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.... (i.e., pictures of my kids)

3 comments:

  1. She is white trash in all the best kind of ways. I don't think I will be able to sit down during her speach tonight. I am nervous for her.

    She makes me want to do awesome things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "warm-up" for my students today was about what they know about her. The big hullaballoo in the history department is that John McCain didn't want another old white guy with the democrats so fresh and new with an African American and woman. She was nobody before this. I'm not a big fan, but that may be because I lean left-wing. I just can't see her as president, which is the only thing VP's are good for-one heartbeat away from the throne. Her kids' names make me laugh though-Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper, and Trig. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shhh, go on and admit it. I won't tell anyone that you are secretly a democrat and have joined the ban of sinners like the rest of us!

    Miss you and wish you well on your new adventure.

    Jacque & Alejandro

    ReplyDelete