Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Addison!

Tomorrow, Addie is two years old. I can't believe it! I found myself all day thinking of what I was doing at that particular time two years ago. (Last year I kept thinking "last year at this time" - this year it's "two years ago at this time" - is this something that ever goes away?)

I remember my water breaking and checking into the hospital at 9:00 am thinking how cool it was that her birthday was going to be January 11th - 1/11. Little did I know the night I had in store! She made her appearance at 3:30 am the next day - January 12th. And our lives have never been the same.


We had a little Elmo party last night for Addie and her buddies - Lauren, Dillon and Bentley. We watched an "Elmo's World" video about birthdays, colored Elmo pictures, decorated cupcakes and just played around. It was so fun to have everybody finally back from the holiday break!



YUMMY!! :)




Addie tried going down head first, which was a new thing! Yes the slide is a HUGE eyesore, but I will have you know the high in Omaha on Thursday is supposed to be FOUR degrees. So we deal with the slide in the basement! :)

This is just a short video of what generally happens with playdates and these girls. They usually will just jump up and down while ALSO squealing at the top of their lungs. Needless to say, they have fun together and Addie fell into bed last night.




Tomorrow we will just have a low-key celebration with some cake, ice cream and presents and just enjoy the day together.

We have enjoyed having Addie in our lives so much - she is so much fun and is really becoming such a great older sister to Davis. Today, Davis woke up at church while the deacons were passing the sacrament (i.e., mostly quiet room) and Addie was so excited he woke up she screamed "Davis! You're awake!!!" So funny.

Happy, happy birthday little girl!!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Addison! I can't believe she's two already! It looks like the kids really enjoyed the cupcakes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy how time goes by so fast. Love how the little things (slide) make them so happy. Love the cupcakes with goldfish.....yum! She sure is a cute one. Hope you have a fun day with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know I still do that when Madison's birthday roles around. Seh was my only kid that I went into labor with so I think that is why I do it with her and not the others. I hope Addison had a great day. It is hard to believe that she was just a baby when you moved. Time goes by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad the party went well. I know sometime soon we will live by eachother again and we will have joint parties. The day will come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was the best party Dillon has ever been to! ;) She did have a blast and she just loves Addi! Thanks for putting up with my crazy child!

    ReplyDelete