Sunday, February 8, 2009

End of an Era

Since we cleaned the house yesterday from TOP to BOTTOM and still cannot find our camera card, I decided to go digging through some past photos for a new blog post.

We recently sold our infant carseat/stroller combo on Craigslist. I was the one who saw it sitting in the garage daily and wanted to get rid of it. I figured somebody should get some use out of it before its expiration date. Anyway, after Jeremy took it to the people who bought it from us, I was surprised at how emotional I was! I found myself hoping they would treat it right, etc.

That was the carseat that brought both kids home from the hospital. The carseat that lugged them from place to place, until they reached close to 20 pounds and were just too big for it (and for me!).

(Addie when we were leaving hospital.)

(Davis a few months old. OK, we did NOT take a "going-home-from-the-hospital-all-cozy-and-cute" shot of Davis. We were just anxious to get discharged and home. Such is the life of a second child. He'll survive.)

Anyway, I'm glad it went to a good home and family. I hope it has a nice and happy life with its new owners.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you felt so emotional. I felt the same way about a few things that we had to get rid of. With two of everything, I just couldn't keep it all. You will always have the memories, and the pictures. Darn cute pictures too. Now my husband says, I guess if we have another one, we will just have to buy all new stuff again......that could be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your making me think about selling ours. I'm sure if I sold ours it would be weird seeing it go too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! Good for you for getting rid of some stuff though! You set a good example for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post I think I will be emotional as well so sell baby things. Like you said they got you through a lot and the kids live in those infant carseats. Our day will be coming soon.

    ReplyDelete