Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentines Day, Spring Fever, Etc.

Lots of photos to share, so lets just get right to it:

We had a great visit from Grandma Joy and Aunt Heidi over Valentine's weekend. We were able to take them to storytime at our fabulous local library that I SWEAR I will post about sometime. We went to the park and played with friends, watched it snow seven inches the very next day, played at the Childrens Museum, made Valentine treats and delivered them to our buddies, made a fabulous raspberry-almond tort for Joy's birthday (recipe here) and just had a good time. Sorry for the picture overload, but when your subjects are this cute....

Here is Addison at storytime. Miss Debbie does a fantastic job - each week she has stories, a snack, a craft and songs for the kids. This week she even had a Valentine for all of the kids.

It was so nice outside that after the storytime, we went to the park next door to the library with Dillon. Can you tell Addie is excited to be outside? We will all be excited for spring.

We made and decorated some sugar cookies for Valentines Day. Yum!
Eating the dough - she IS my daughter!

We took the kids to the Childrens Museum and they had a blast. With all of the toys the place has, Addie would be content to play with the toy kitchen in the infant play area.
Davis has been standing up by himself for a second or two lately. He is getting so big!
Davis is getting so big, I swear he will outweigh Addie very, very soon.
Davis just cracks me up. Jeremy and I will literally laugh out loud sometimes just telling random stories about him at night after the kids are in bed. He is such a funny kid.
Addie and Davis reading books in their favorite spot - a little nook between our chair and ottoman in the front room.
You lookin' at me?

The yummy, yummy tort. Mmmm.....

Final news, our friends Jeff and Stephanie (Jeff goes to school with Jeremy) had their baby girl this week. Lauren (or LaurenT as Addison calls her) is a big sister to baby McKenna Reese. She is 6 pounds and when we visited today couldn't get over how sweet and tiny she is. Congrats, you guys!

11 comments:

  1. Tal, it was fabulous but it is NOT for the calorie-phobic. But, in my opinion, the extra TEN workouts are worth it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya, i can't wait for spring. Its been in the 50s here and everyone is running around with no coat and flipflops. kind of funnny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pictures. I love the one of Addie coming down the slide with the huge smile on her face. It's about time we can go outside. I didn't even click on the recipe.....I don't thin I need that yummy thing added to my list right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant believe how much they are growing up...so big!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a great big thanks for the wonderful weekend. The raspberry tort was to die for ....Natalie you are quite the cook. You made my B-day and Valentines Day very special. The pictures really make me miss the kids. Thanks for being such great hosts.
    Love, Grandma Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Davis' smile! It's so cute and I can't believe how big he is getting. I wish I could make treats as yummy looking as that...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was showing Doug those pics of them on the slide and said "this is the one taken one second before Addi pushed Dillon off the slide into the mud." What a punk! ;) It's a good think Dilly is too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe how long Addie's hair has gotten- when did that happen? It's super cute and I want to squeeze Davis' cheeks- he just looks like a total bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like fun. I love taking my kids to the library for story time. Children museums are the best! You are so lucky to live close to one.

    ReplyDelete