Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What we've been up to....

I keep waiting for my friends to update their blog and realize I'm being a bit of a hypocrite. So, here's what we've been up to lately.

I've been spring cleaning - getting the kids' closets organized and clothes that don't fit/stained/etc. out and making a list of clothes to get for spring. I also had Jeremy move the slide back outside (yay for warm weather!) which means I have my basement back, so I've been working on making that a nice play room for the kids/air mattress space for out-of-town guests. (I know, air mattress in the basement, classy right? That's just how we roll....)

I also have been organizing the kids' toys. Can I just say I love Target? I got these awesome little storage bins that came with DRY ERASE labels. I love it.
And they had these little disks/chairs on CLEARANCE for like 6 bucks, so we got D one in blue an Addie one in pink. They have been quite the hit.

I also have been wanting something to put up on the wall in Davis' room and I found this great letter at Hobby Lobby - it was awesome in that it was dimensional and a nice size, but just the wrong color. Nothing a little spray paint can't fix!
I was going to do his full name, but we really just call him "D" most of the time, and I didn't want to do his full name in all caps. So it's just D and I really like it.

While I was working on various projects, my kids were playing very well together in their play kitchen. I wasn't aware they had taken some of MY kitchen tools to play with, and unfortunately my pastry brush bit the dust during my bit of productivity:

Oh well. At least it wasn't my Microplane.
Little stinkers.

Finally, this piece of mail showed up today and although it was totally junk and about three years premature, it still made me laugh:

Ahhhh...someday......

11 comments:

  1. Busy bees you've been. I keep rationalizing that I don't have to spring clean because I nested so well while being pregnant. I thought that it was funny when you said that you made lists of clothes to buy. I thought "oh that is sooo Natalie" what a list maker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the mattress in the basement, that's how we roll too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh good ole spring cleaning.. I feel ya.. I love it though makes you feel so organized and refreshed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got on our spring cleaning kick before your parents came for Easter...took FOREVER, but it always feels good to be done and CLEAN! I put away the winter clothes a bit too early and had to pull some back out...oops! One of our neighbors was throwing away a huge "mountain race track" so we've added that to our random collection of backyard toys. I love the pictures of the "stinkers"! How's Davis getting around?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of Addie! That crinkled up nose just makes my day! Give her a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh- I love it. Poor pastry brush but such a funny picture of Addie because I know exactly how that goes! LOVE those storage bins. I may need to go get some of those- LOVE love love cool storage bins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are going to spring clean next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the pictures of your kids. Your Addy's face is hilarious I can just imagine the mood she was in when you took the photo. Glad you are spring cleaning hopefully will motivate me. Miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work! And I'm loving the storage bins--the dry erase thing is such a good idea. Jeff told me he got a call from Jeremy about a bbq, but he doesn't remember what day or anything (good thing our husbands have us to keep all of the non-school stuff straight!). Only one week left!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't spring cleaning great! Even better that you found some storage solutions to help with the clean up...that always makes life easier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still laugh everytime someone calls Doug Dr. It never gets old! Good for you for being so organized! I can't wait to come over and mess it up (well, Dillon will). ;)

    ReplyDelete