Sunday, June 14, 2009

Date Night

Jeremy and I had a top 3 (?) date of all time last night when he took me to see Coldplay last night at the Qwest Center. (A million thank you's to Noall for hooking us up with parking in the Hilton garage...it was FREE and got us out of there quicker than most people could walk to their cars!) We were running a little late, so we ate a quick dinner at Chipotle (yummy) and buzzed downtown for the show.


(Backstory: When Jeremy was at Utah State and I was still in Meridian, he made me a CD of some of our favorite songs together and a few of those were some songs by Coldplay. So we've both liked them for a while.

Fast forward to 2003, I was in D.C. and Jeremy was in Idaho, he bought tickets for us to see Coldplay in Idaho. I was supposed to come home by April and then we would go together. I ended up taking a longer job out there and wasn't able to make it home. So he took somebody else and I didn't go. Six years later, we finally went together!)


(Did I mention we had great seats?)

We had great seats in the lower bowl, two rows up from the floor. They put on a great show, of course, and I totally forgot how well Chris Martin plays the piano. They did cool stuff with lights during most of the songs. They also sang "Yellow" (which was on that first CD Jeremy made for me, oh, 8 years ago).

(They dropped all of these yellow balloons during, you guessed it, "Yellow"...really fun.)

Coolest part: They got off the stage...walked RIGHT in front of us (I *could* have touched Chris Martin but I'm not freaky like that) and performed a few songs in the stands RIGHT BY US. See pictures below.

(Ignore big guy in blue polo, the dude who I circled is Chris Martin...this is them as they walked up to the stands to do a set back there.)

(Yeah, we got pretty lucky with where we were sitting. The guy sitting directly behind the band TOTALLY FREAKED when they set up and started singing. It was hilarious!)

Excuse poor video quality....we didn't bring our camera into the arena, so these are videos taken with our cells (nice). The sweet couple sitting next to us (who has seen Coldplay twice just this YEAR) sent me her pictures.

We were pretty sure they were going to walk in front of us because they taped off the aisle so Jeremy got his camera ready....for those of you who are interested:



Second coolest part: When they sang "Politik". I am totally in love with this song, but it was never that popular on the radio and since it was on an older album didn't think they would play it. But they did, and I got a pretty bad video of them singing it. (Don't click if you're speakers are turned up...its LOUD.)



(Sorry, Britt, if I was thinking I would have got a video of when they sang "Viva la Vida"...next time, next time....) HUGE THANKS to Stephanie for watching my children who were being incredibly feisty yesterday and Jeremy for springing for tickets with our recent Craigslist windfall. LOL

We had a blast and it was so fun to scream, dance and sing at the show. We missed these stinkers but came home to them sleeping soundly in bed (awesome).

10 comments:

  1. I love concerts and I love Coldplay but totally missed when they were here in November! Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curse you! That's ok though. P.S. Nat you look AMAZING-your face is so thin and you look all summery cute.

    Jealous in Idaho....

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! HOW FUN!!! Ditto about you looking great!

    And...I don't know how you guys make so much money off craigslist...I swear anything I'm ready to get rid of is junk. I try giving stuff away and no one wants it (bread machine, printer, travel swing, etc...). Pass along some tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to be a broken record or anything...but sooo stinking jealous! and you do look great! miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of their first stops on their tour was Las Vegas - Taylor and I went a year ago, and hands down it was the best concert I've ever been to! Chris Martin is an amazing live performer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great pic of you and Jeremy! I'm glad it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am jealous! I would love to see them in concert. I even saw a commercial about it and I was telling Derek we needed to go and then I forgot! Darn. It looks like you had a fun date night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun date! Don't tell my husband you went to Chipotle though..that's his favorite and he misses it greatly since there aren't any in Idaho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So we're pretty jealous. If Jeff didn't have boards a week from the concert we would have gone. Looks like it was an experience of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like it was an awesome date! And, Natalie, you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete