Monday, June 22, 2009

H.O.T.

It has been SO hot today in Omaha. I just can't describe it to you Idahoans unless you've been in the gross, yucky humidity. Then you know what I'm talking about. The thermometer only says 91 degrees, but with 63% humidity, it feels like 105 degrees (according to the Weather channel). We are actually under a "Heat Advisory"...yet another weather term I wasn't aware existed until I moved to the midwest.

Yes, that is a crayon that was left on our patio last night. It was MELTED this afternoon.






Sorry to be so whiny, but it's my first experience with this kind of heat. I promise I'll adjust. In the meantime, I'll be hoping for one of these to bring some relief:

(A common sight - this is what it looks like before a thunderstorm. You can see it coming in.)

We had a good Father's Day and gave Jeremy a nice dinner (with some of his favorite foods) and dessert (yummy cinnamon rolls). I got him tickets to go see Mat Kearney at a Omaha club called The Slowdown (anybody here been? I've never heard of/seen it) - we really like his music and tickets were cheap. Sorry to put a music player on the blog, but this is for my sister (and anybody else) who wasn't sure who I was talking about. While I was at it, I had to include my new favorite song - The Fray covered a Kanye West song and I love it. I'm obsessed. Anyway, it's a temporary addition and my apologies to anybody checking the blog with speakers on during naptime.



Hope you guys are staying cool wherever you are!

5 comments:

  1. I've loved Mat's stuff for a while, so I'm a little jealous you get to see him. Although, I wouldn't trade your nasty humidity for my 105* any day! (and I hear this is a "cool" summer so far)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davis looks so different it makes me sad I don't know him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids heard the music and now they want ME to figure out how to add music to OUR blog! Thanks!

    Those pics are sooo cute (as always)...I know what kind of heat you're talking about! I don't know that you ever really get used to it, but the shock factor wears off a bit! And the thunder storms are always lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks better than the 60 degree summer weather we've been having :(
    Figures... the summer we have a pool it is crazy rainy and cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan served in Texas, and he tries to explain to me the humidity and tells me how much I would HATE it. I am always hot as it is here in Idaho. Sorry it's so miserable. Pool looks great though...bet the kids love it. Your kids look so cute btw... :)

    ReplyDelete