Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Splash Park

We have been having a lot of fun this summer hanging out with our friends (when they're in town!) and Jeremy when he's off work (which has been a lot)! Last week, to celebrate Camilla's (my niece and the kids' cousin) birthday - all of her Omaha cousins went to the local splash park. (Camilla's mom Emily is my sister-in-law and Emily's sister Malissa moved to Omaha in the spring with her three kids. It's a round-about way but we now claim we have some family close by! YAY!)

Davis turned away at the last minute - he loves the water so much so can rarely be bothered to look at the camera.

Unless it involves food.

(Jeffrey, Addie and Davis eating a snack.)

Cutie Brooklyn and Malia - Brooklyn was being shy, but I got a cute picture of her cracking up!

Have I mentioned how much we love this little guy????

This picture is for my mom - here's the flip-flops you sent to Addie and how she always gets the toe strap in between the wrong toes. When I fix it, she tells me that it's wrong and moves them back to where she had them before. Ha ha.

Jeremy has been off on Mondays and is home most afternoons by naptime, so we have been able to have a lot of fun together. This was taken during a trip to our zoo. I have to say, we have the best zoo out here and the kids LOVE going to see all of the animals. The sea lions are the current favorite exhibit.

She's a happy girl when she's outside at the zoo - whenever we get off the freeway at the "zoo" exit, you can see the big desert dome from the road. Addie sees it and always starts screaming (she's a screamer when she's excited) and starts clapping. It's so funny!

Last but not least, (many thanks to Jentry and Joie for the potty advice) Addie is OUT OF DIAPERS!!!!!! I cannot put as many exclamation points as that sentence deserves. She just decided to be done a couple of weeks ago and minus a few incidents that were mostly caused by my stupidity (why did I take her to the park with no bathroom in sight, Christen??!? LOL) she has been doing awesome.

We are leaving on a major road trip home to visit family this week - so next update will be from home!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE Addie's swimsuit. She has the cutest clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davis has hair!!! Oh my gosh I can't wait for you to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Heidi, he has hair!!! LOL - lots of it. It is just super blond. See you on Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun...glad you celebrated Camilla's bday!!! We're excited to see you - Saturday in Layton, right? Congrats on the potty-training! Right before a road trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it was bound to happen at some point, wasn't it? I still say you should've let her poop by the tree like a dog! ;) What's Jentry's advice? I need help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that the new Omaha one that just opened? Funny how they close the pools early and open a splash park... Congrats on the potty training--that must be a relief! We need to get together before school starts up again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NAT! hello love. i'm so happy i stumbled upon you and jeremy's blog! you're kids are ridiculously cute and i'm so happy to read that everything seems to be going so well for you guys in omaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natalie,
    Your family is so cute!! Sorry I haven't talked to you for a while. I told Rebecca, hopefully you will her from her soon.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete