Sunday, August 31, 2008

Week In Review

So now that I've published the leftovers (see below) here is a summary of our first week in Omaha on our own and with Jeremy in school, not orientation.

Some of you have asked about Jeremy's schedule. He typically gets up and is out of the house by 6:2o am. He picks up his friend that is also an M-1 (1st year med student) and they are on campus by 6:50-7:00am. They study for an hour or so, have class until noon somedays, 3 pm others. He will generally stay on campus until 5:00 or 5:30 pm studying, then come home around 6:00 pm, eat dinner, play with kids, then after kids are down at about 7:30pm he heads to the basement to study until 10:00 pm or so. He has a cadaver lab, a lecture, and a living anatomy lab. He was laughing at the syllabus because in one day they cover something that generally would have taken 2-3 weeks in undergrad.

It's a busy schedule but he is so interested in everything he's learning it makes the immense amount of studying go easier. He has his first test this Saturday (tests are from 8 am - noon on Saturdays about every 2-3 weeks).

So....that's Jeremy's schedule. (Sorry for the lack of pictures. I will make sure I get one of him in deep thought and post it next time.)

We stayed in the house all week because Addison got sick on Monday night, and was having trouble breathing. Jeremy took her to the urgent care and they diagnosed her with croup. So not a lot of fun for us - just stayed in almost all week.

There was FINALLY a nice Nebraska thunderstorm on Wednesday - it woke up both of my kids around 7:00 am which is about an hour and a half EARLIER than normal. So we all lounged around in my bed until I felt awake enough to get on with the day!

I haven't been as diligent at giving Davis a bottle as often as I should and now the kid will NOT take one. Can you see the grimace he's making at me here???? He also doesn't really take a binky unless you sit there and hold it in his mouth. It's so amazing how different that is from Addie who still loves her pacifier (I know, I know)....

Just another shot of Davis' eyes. He's such a sweetie!

On Saturday Addison was finally starting to feel better and she is such a social kid I knew she was going stir-crazy from being cooped up in the house all week. I was getting some housework done and I look on the stairs and she has put her shoes on herself, grabbed my sunglasses and car keys from the bowl I keep them in! I was like, alright I get the hint! So we waited for Jeremy to get home from class (that's right, class on Saturday) and we headed to the Omaha Children's Museum.


They have this AWESOME little market set up with all of the different sections you would find in a real grocery store, with little kid-size grocery carts and even a little check out. It was so adorable and Addie was in heaven.

She also loves toy kitchens and it's so funny to watch her play with them because she's so precise in what she does. The pan goes on the stove, then in the sink! I wonder if she will be as diligent at putting things in the sink when she's older..... :)


She loves steering wheels and we have quite a few pictures of all of the different cars/steering wheels she played with, but this seemed most appropriate. Her first John Deere tractor. :)

3 comments:

  1. I miss you so much! I can believe how great that museum looks we are definitley coming to do that. It is so wierd you are doing all this stuff without me, we always did adventures together. Guess will take some getting use too. Glad things are going better. I was not persistent about the bottle with Addy and after she hit 3 months refused as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even attempted a bottle yet...oh, well! I LOVE the picture of Addie on the steps with your keys - so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Natalie, it is too bad that you're not here. I am missing having a friend to do "meetings" with! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the museum. At least being out there, you will have lots of new things to see and do, so maybe it will take you a while to realize how much you miss me! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete