Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm Here I Promise....

....Just so incredibly busy. Doesn't everybody say that??? I think I win, though! In the past 2 1/2 weeks, I have watched Addison's buddy Addison while her mommy had her baby sister (we love you, Paiton!), moved out of apartment, moved in with parents (for 1 1/2 weeks), traveled to California, had fun vacation, back from California! Now we're getting all dental/vision/doctor appointments out of the way before we lose our fantastic coverage and get student insurance, getting hubby all ready for school, visiting friends and family before we leave them, re-packing and moving to NEBRASKA! Thank you very much!

Ugh...forget a post, I need a nap!

This blog is dedicated to things I love - moving makes you think about all sorts of things you love.

1. My kids.

Here's a cute pic I forgot to share last post. It's of Addison and her buddy at the lake a few weeks ago. She's getting so big! She's got her own language of toddler-babble, of which I understand only a hand full of words! Although she definitely is picking up new words all of the time. One of her newest phrases is "Oh, shoot!" - which I'm sure she picked up from hearing her mommy say it all of the time! It's too funny, she says it when she spills something or hears Davis cry.


Davis is also HUGE! Literally! We took him in for his four-month visit with our pediatrician, Dr. Kim (who is awesome and I'm so sad to be moving away from!), and he is 90% for both weight and height. Dr. Kim said "At least he's proportionate!" Can I just say he is all boy??!? He's got a smile that just lights up a room, even at 4 am when I need him to be sleeping! He is starting to babble, coo, and loves playing with his toes. He's definitely a little mommy's boy and a total cuddle bug, which is so unlike his big sis! So Jeremy and I are definitely taking advantage of the time we have where he'll snuggle with us since we know he'll be on the move in no time!

Davis in the front pack at the San Diego Zoo - carrying this kid gives me a workout!

2. Trips to the Beach

We recently visited my brother and his adorable family in Orange County, CA. We don't get to see them enough and it was so fun to visit and finally be able to meet our new niece Emma! She is so sweet and has the biggest cheeks! Definitely a Silvester. While there, we played on the beach, went to the San Diego Zoo, visited the harbor, played games, swam in the pool at Noall's hotel and just had fun!

Dana Point, CA Harbor - right across the street from Noall's hotel where we stayed!

The "older" cousins building a sandcastle - Davis & Emma were chilling in the shade.

Addie & Grandpa walking the beach. She wasn't crazy about the feel of sand at first, but eventually warmed up!

Kate and my mom at the zoo.

OK, how bad is it that the most interesting attraction for the kids at the zoo were these dirty chairs that you sit in they "massage" (i.e. vibrate) your feet???? (Addie, Zach and Alex in the picture.)

Emma and Davis at the zoo - I think this was during a dual diaper change, hence no shorts on Davis. (Shout out to Shane and Joie for the awesome Superman t-shirt Davis is wearing. Yeah, it's a 6-12 month size and the kid wears it now.)

New baby Emma. I just love baby girls!

We love visiting and the kids actually did great on the planes and Addie adjusted her schedule pretty well. Luckily the rooms at Noall's hotel are suites, so we could give Addie her own room and she slept really well most of the time we were there. Davis did great, too!

This is a funny picture because those of you who know my child know she doesn't sleep well anywhere except her crib. This is on Sunday afternoon after church, her and her cousin Alex (on bed above) were absolutely D-O-N-E...they crashed and had a nice nap upstairs while we ate lunch downstairs.

Addison had the most fun just running around with her cousins. She loves being around older kids and they were so great with her! So fun seeing you guys!

3. My Girlfriends

This week we had one of the last playdates with Addison and her buddies. Really just an excuse to get together with my girlfriends and visit but the girls love it.

This picture just shows the craziness that happens when these three get together, especially when they haven't seen each other in a while. (Lexi in pool, Addy Young in middle, my Addie's tushy making it's way out of the pool on the right.)

After a while, they ditched pool and were all three just running around the yard.

Then Jentch pulled out the snacks, which is the only thing these girls slow down for.

I know we're having a girls night this weekend, so I'll post more about everything later but couldn't have survived the past year and a half without you!

4. Jeremy


I thought this cartoon was funny because those of you who know Jeremy know how weird it will be for him next year - he will be a first year medical student, an M-1, the lowliest man on the totem pole. It might be hard on his ego, but it will be good for him!

I absolutely cannot believe we are finally leaving for medical school. When we got married FIVE YEARS AGO, this was a goal of Jeremy's and although we didn't get here the way we thought we would, and we definitely aren't going to school where we thought we might, we are GOING and he has worked so hard and is so motivated and I'm so proud of him. Ready or not, here we go....


4 comments:

  1. I am so excited you posted! I check ALL the time and I thought maybe you'd already moved or something . . . oh the fun of your life! I am jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Those foot massagers at the San Diego Zoo are the coolest!!! Don't talk about leaving yet, it still hasn't hit me. Chad and I were talking about how much lonelier our lives will be without you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. I can not believe we will not have anymore play dates. Our poor girls are going to have no social skills because we wont be able to make more friends to have play dates with. It has been the best year ever cant wait for more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pics!! I am glad you found my blog!

    ReplyDelete