Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Here we go....

....so all day today Addison has been staying away from putting any kind of stress or strain on her right wrist. I noticed when I would help her up or down from things she would get upset. We also had some friends come over this morning for a playdate and Addie tripped and fell (like always) and when she put her hands out to catch herself, she immediately started crying and winced, etc. So I knew something was wrong. I called our doctor, who told me to take her to the Children's Urgent Care that night because they have an X-Ray Tech on staff.

So, off we go to the urgent care. Of course, we get to urgent care and she was perfectly happy when the doctor examined her, which made me feel like an idiot mom. But I knew it was bugging her so asked for the X-Rays anyway. (What do these doctors know anyway??? Ha ha. Love you, Jeremy.) Took the X-Rays and guess what....a buckle fracture on her right wrist. She has to wear a splint for three weeks and if she can't keep it on (I'll be shocked if she can) she will HAVE TO GET A CAST!!!!!

Here are a few pictures for posterities sake:



11 comments:

  1. poor girl at least she thinks the cast is cool. Sorry I was so slow getting back to you my computer died we had to get a new one. here is a site the will show you how it's not to bad http://www.talentedkidzone.com/crafts/flakehowto.html good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Jeremy - Does this bring back memories? I will have to send you the picture of you with your cast! At least we knew how you did it. Hope she does okay with the splint. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was little I had a buckle break on my right wrist too. But all I had was a white cast. Addie's splint is very her. Looks like swimming is out for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you doing beating your child or something? Sorry, glad you followed your gut and got the x-ray go mom. I hate that when I see pictures of Addy I almost dont recognize her. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy, ahhh so it's the Hartley in her, huh??!! I, in my 25 years, have never had to use a splint or cast. Jeremy didn't mention he had to have one!!! she did alright last night, but we will see how she does when she's awake. I keep telling her it's a cool new place to put stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is crazy. I hope the arm gets better fast. The splint does look pretty cool and will look even cooler when she gets a bunch of stickers on it. GOOD luck with the arm healing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least she got the cute heart thingy to make it better! Let's just hope she doesn't have to get the plaster cast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Natalie! I totally don't mind that you add me, I just added you to mine. Its funny cause there are alot of people that i would maybe add but i don't know if they would care or not. Poor Addison! I would totally freak out. But her little cast thing is too cute and it looks like so far she is handling it well. Claire wouldn't do that, she would probably be ripping it off or something. I'm actually coming out to Omaha in December but it sounds like you are going to be here. But I'm excited and i hope that the weather is somewhat not freezing cause I so want to go to the zoo. Anyway add me to yours. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. NO WAY!!!! I can't believe it! Poor little girl! Good thing you demanded x-rays. Good for you for following your motherly instincts!!! I will be so impressed if she keeps that splint on!

    ReplyDelete