Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Festival" of Trees

Last night, we went to the "Festival of Trees" in Bennington - the little community just north of us. We went with our friends Jeff and Stephanie, Doug and Christen, and Carrie was there husband-less (he's in law school and has a big paper due next week). It was technically a fundraiser for the library, and since my kids go every week and it was just a buck to get in, we decided to go!

It was fun - nothing like the Festival of Trees on the Grove in Boise, but it was so quaint! I thought it was cute. The local preschool did a tree, as did the volunteer fire department and other local clubs/groups. There was even a visit from SANTA!

We wanted to get a picture of the kids by one of the trees.
Addison WAS looking at the camera, but turned her head at the last minute. OK, let's try again....

Okay, seriously?!? She DID look at the camera, but turned at the last minute again! Alright, this is ridiculous. I will just get down there and take the picture with them - even though I'm not a big fan of having my picture taken.
I give up.

And don't even ASK about Santa - is it like genetically encoded for toddlers to absolutely HATE him?? Jeremy didn't get within twenty feet of him when she started screaming "NO" and freaking out!

Getting ready to hit the road at the beginning of next week, so probably won't be posting much until I get out there. Wish us luck!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh but I will miss your constant updates - blog again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got all your stuff done...good luck getting all packed up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was pretty funny to hear Addi all the way across the room! I'm sure you could hear Dillon as well! Oh well; it was a good night anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must be something about Santa... However, if you think about it, he is kind of a scary looking man (from a toddler's point of view)! When my niece was little, every time she would see Santa, she would say, "Mean, mean, mean..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is just something about Bennington that I love, I kind of feel like it is my town. Maybe because I gave money to them for a new library building, it means I have something invested in it.

    ReplyDelete