Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jeremy

We've been so busy with life lately - I'm sure most of us are! I've been getting the house ready to be without us for a month and a half, freezing dinners for Jeremy (although, he assures me, he's totally capable to cooking for himself - I still want something here for him!), getting Addison's wrist fixed :), working on Katelin's shower and reception, etc.

Although I'm so excited to get to spend the next several weeks with friends and family, I am starting to realize how much I'll miss hanging out with Jeremy!

He always helps with Davis (we even argue over who gets to hold him during church, but that's probably because whoever doesn't have him has to entertain Addie!!) and Addie, and always offers to let me have "me" time. Last Saturday, I went to the SALON (gasp! an actual salon) to get my hair cut and colored and was gone almost all morning - and not only did he not complain, he ENCOURAGED me to go even though I thought I should just stay home. (Maybe that's just a sign of how badly I needed my hair done. "No, honey, REALLY, you should GO!")

He's almost done with his first semester and is adjusting to school really well. I have been pleasantly surprised by his schedule. He manages to have more than decent grades and has got some great comments from instructors. Besides that, he has kept the importance of having a balance of family and personal time in his schedule. He has been totally dedicated to working out before school, and most nights he is home by 5:30 pm, which means we are able to actually hang out together after the kids are asleep. I'm so glad he is trying to stay level-headed and well-rounded. (So, don't let this post go to your head, Jeremy!)

Anyway, really going to miss him not only for his help with the kiddos, but mainly just being able to hang out at night. There is nothing better than watching The Office with Jeremy!!!

~~~~

In other news, Davis has started babbling more coherent sounds. He says "da da da" quite a bit and is attempting to stand when he crawls to a sofa or the stairs. He's growing up way too fast.

For those that have asked, Addie is doing QUITE well with her splint. She has only thrown a fit one time, after I took it off to get her dressed for the day and tried to put it back on! So now I'm trying to coordinate outfits that can just stretch OVER the splint, which is interesting.

It was so nice here yesterday - like 57 degrees and sunny with practically NO wind. So I figured a trip to the zoo was in order. My friend Christen came with her cutie daughter, Dillon and we had a lot of fun. The animals almost seemed happy to have people visit at the zoo, a lot of them actually came right up to us!

I have pictures from the zoo and some random playdates I'll post later. Kids are up and it's time to hit the gym!

5 comments:

  1. I don't know what I'll do without you for a month! I guess Carrie and I will have to fly solo! I know Dillon will miss being crazy with her friend!
    That's great that Jeremy's doing so well; I seriously think that having things other than just school/work/kids keeps a marriage happy...at least it's worked for us so far. Have a good trip and good luck with the drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Jeremy is doing well. I love that he realizes that there are more important things in life than just getting good grades and he puts his family first. Before you know it med school will be over and he will at least have no regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I can only wish that it was 57 and sunny here! While the sun did shine today, its still freezing. Literally. I think the high yesterday was 38? Yeah. Sounds like everything is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are lucky to have such great hubbies!!! It's hard to balance school, work, family, etc...but somehow they do it! So good to hear that you guys are doing great out there! We're excited to see you in a couple of weeks...when do you leave for Boise?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Jeremy is your best help but, grandma is always willing to help out when you are here!!! Can't wait to see you guys. I miss my grandbabies - oh, I miss you and Jeremy too!! Mom (Joy)

    ReplyDelete