Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall Fun

We hope everybody is having a good fall! Jeremy has been very busy with school - he's had a test every week for the last three weeks and the next two weeks! Luckily he doesn't have to stay late too often so we still get to see him a lot. We are enjoying it!

Here's my little chef - she loves to sit on the counter and sample what I'm making.


I ordered this fantastic book from Amazon last week called "The Toddler's Busy Book" that has all of these games, arts & crafts, songs, and projects to do with toddlers. (I'm sure some moms don't need a book to give them creative ideas of what to do with their kiddos....I'm not one of them. And I highly recommend it - so many great ideas!) Anyway, I've been making an effort to spend some one on one time with Addison during Davis' morning nap. We even stamped some Happy Birthday cards to send to Grandma Judy and our cousin Jezelle. I left Addie alone for TWO seconds and came back to this.....

So we went to the Children's Museum Trick or Treat Night this week with our friends Ben and Carrie and their cutie daughter, Bentley. Ben is in law school and they just moved from Utah. It was a lot of fun but so crowded!

Here is Davis' costume - he was the world's cutest skeleton, although my friend Stephanie pointed out that with the hat on he looks like a burglar. So he was a skeleton/burglar. Come on, you've heard of those, right??? ;) And yes, he's in Addie's pink umbrella stroller. But he's a skeleton/burglar so don't mess with him.

Here is Addison in her costume - a monkey. The girl LOVES monkeys, says monkey cuter than anybody and looked so cute we had to get it. Plus Davis can wear it next year. She was so happy here - she looks like her favorite animal, in her favorite place (the museum), with her favorite person (Davis). I don't think life gets much better for a soon to be two year old.

My favorite people!


Like I said, it's her favorite place. Just thought it was funny because after awhile, she just totally forgot that she or anybody else was dressed up and just started playing like normal!

Here's our cute friend Carrie and Bentley. I had to post this picture because Bentley borrowed Addison's costume from last year. It was so fun to see Bentley in it and to think of how big Addison's getting!
Jeremy and Davis. Kimi, that H&M shirt has been everywhere!!! ;)


Davis is getting SO close to crawling. He gets anywhere he wants by his own little crawl - he uses his arms to pull his body and drags his legs which, if you've seen my son's legs, is no small feat. He now also pulls his knees off the ground in a sort of downward-facing dog yoga position, so that's a new thing.

So we carved pumpkins a few weeks ago, which made us a little homesick because that was something we always did with the Hartley side of the family every year. Luckily we were able to do it with some great friends we met in August. Jeff and Stephanie and their daughter Lauren - they are from the area and Jeff started med school with Jeremy in the fall. They live about a mile from us and we've been able to hang out quite a bit since school started.
(I know, really original design! It was creeping up on our kids' bedtime so speed took priority over quality.) I don't know if you can see it, but the face Davis is making is SO him - he is sucking in his bottom lip, he does it ALL.OF.THE.TIME. No teeth yet, though, but maybe he's working on something.

6 comments:

  1. I love the kids' costumes. I saw Addie's at Old Navy a while back and thought it was adorable. Pumpkins are fun. Tyler and I carved some on Friday night with some friends. PS. Don't forget his B-day is coming up on Wednesday!
    -Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. such cute kid costumes. Davis is so stinkin cute and I cant believe how much hair Addy is getting. She is looking so beautiful. Definitely need to get that book because I am one of those mothers that had no clue what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...I definitely have to agree w/the custest skeleton ever! We're carving pumpikins tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie! This is Lisa, Amanda's friend. I look at your blog every now and then to see how you and your cute kids are doing in Nebraska. It looks like you are all enjoying it and keeping busy. Life here in Meridian is same old. I'm trying to find things to do, let me know if that book you got is really a help cause I'm needing something and I'll totally get it if its worth the money, ya know. My Aunt lives in Omaha, actually she is outside in the country and I was wondering what ward/branch and stake you are in to see if you are near her. Anyway I hope that you don't mind that I look at your blog and hope to hear from ya. Take care! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I love your little family! I want one - *sigh* someday. I think that you should tell me what to be at my party tomorrow - yes, the day BEFORE Halloween I have a stupid party to go to and NO idea who/what to be. I've thought of all sorts of things: Hermione, Sarah Palin, Alice in Wonderland . . . nothing is screaming "That's it!" Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Davis is adorable, skeleton or not! And Addi couldn't be any cuter. I'm glad you found me! Hope you're having fun with the fam in town. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete