Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Addie Toddler Bed: Night #1

So we set up Addie's toddler bed yesterday when Jeremy got home from school. She seemed pretty excited about it and loved being in it. We put her down for the night and about a half hour later we hear crying by her bedroom door. We walked in and rocked her for a bit and put her back in her bed. About an hour later, as we headed up to bed, we checked on her and she was asleep. Yay!

Until about fifteen minutes later, Jeremy and I were reading and we hear this big thump. I told him, "Oh my gosh, Addie just fell out of her bed!" and he said that couldn't be it because she would cry - and then as if on cue, she started crying. Am I a horrible mother if I admit to totally laughing? I just thought it was so funny to picture her being sound asleep and then rolling off the bed. I'm laughing now just typing about it. Yes, I am a horrible mother. Moving on.

She actually went back to sleep (in the bed, after we moved her back, I'm not THAT horrible of a mother) and slept all night (wish I could say the same for Davis). She normally gets up around 8:30 (I know, I'm spoiled) and it's 7:00 and she's in there half-whimpering/crying. I think I will go get her out for the morning. Hopefully the morning wake up time will stretch back out to normal. Addie AND her mother are NOT morning people so she will be fun today. I am giving this a week before I give up and try again in a few months. Which means I will have to break down and get a second crib for Davis - kid is so big! He had his 6 month check up this week and weighs 18 1/2 pounds.

P.S. Jeremy's new love of his life (his new computer) arrived Monday - and he was mysteriously home from school super early that day, hmmmm.... Anyway, so I will post new pictures - I promise - I know why you visit my blog.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog because it helps me to know there is someone else out there with 2 kids under 2. The pictures are a bonus! :-P I hope her 2nd night in her new beg goes better. Lizzie sleeps so well we don't want to rock the boat yet. Matt has his own crib though so its no rush. Your little man is a big boy! Matt was 14lbs at his 2 month appointment. I can't believe how fast all our kids are growing!

    ReplyDelete