Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Fun

Back to our regular topics, i.e. our kids.

Some of you have asked what our house looks like, so here's a picture:

Addison is quite the climber. When Davis was in the pack 'n play she climbed up into it, but I figured when we moved him to the crib that would stop. No, she just scales the crib. Seriously. Jeremy and I have proof. (Ignore the mess on the floor, it was right before bedtime and things can get a little hectic getting everybody clean, diapered, lotioned, dressed, etc.)


And then I caught her in it a couple of days ago, after Davis woke up from his nap. (Sidenote: Everytime you point the camera at Addie she makes this face. No idea why....I try to tell her to open her eyes, but this is the smile she gives. Jentry, your post on Addy's new smile on your blog made me laugh because of course now my Addie is doing it, too!)

So we went to a fun pumpkin patch a few miles north of our neighborhood. It was so much fun. I love the fall! They had all sorts of activities for the kids - and we HAD to get a picture of this. They have a silo filled with kernels of corn for the kids to play in - sort of like a Nebraska version of a sandbox. Addie wasn't sure at first, because you walk in it and your feet sink to the bottom. She ended up liking it after a little while.
They had a tiny hay bale maze for the toddlers. At first Addison wasn't sure where to go....
Wait a second.....

Oh, that's better! Now she can see where to go!
Favorite picture ever of these two.

The pumpkin patch also had a petting zoo. Addie LOVED the "hop-hops" (bunnies) because we have that random one in our backyard.
Right after we took this picture the goat tried to lick Addison's hand and it really startled her. After that she was hesistant to pet the animals.














But Jeremy was able to convince her to pet the little pigs. She liked these the best, I think.














She also really liked the little ponies they had to ride. It was $3.00 for a ride, so we just pet them instead. :)















Proof that Davis was with us....although after this trip I vowed it was his last time in the front pack! Kid is almost 20 pounds!



















I took this photo so I could show you how pretty it is where we live. We live in NW Omaha, and it's right on the edge of the city, so to the north of us there are still lots of fields and farms. When I take Addie to the library, we go to the tiny community library in the little town north of us. (Which is so quaint and cute - its in a tiny warehouse that shares space with the fire station. I have to take a picture to show how cute it is.) Anyway, it really is beautiful out here and we are enjoying the time we have until the weather turns awful. Everybody has told me to brace myself for the winter. So we are enjoying it while we can! Love and miss everybody!



6 comments:

  1. that looks like sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love the fall there...I'm REALLY wishing it would cool off here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you doing posting on your blog at 6:03 am? Get some sleep Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun - I can't wait until Carlee is able to enjoy fun activities like that! I love Addie's new smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos. That kid is quite the climber love the video. Cant wait only one more month and you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe how big Addison is. I have not seen her in forever and I haven't even seen Davis yet! We will be home for Thanksgiving so I am excited to see you guys then and at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete