Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Two of a Kind

As Davis has gotten older, I have been able to combine tasks that used to be impossible to do with a newborn. I am able to feed them both breakfast at the same time, dinner at the same time, and do baths together. Davis is even in his convertible carseat, so to see both of them back there in their carseats (even though D is still rear-facing) is really fun. I'm now starting to see what it means when people say they will grow up together!

Anyway, here's a few shots of our day together today. The only other "together" activity that I didn't get a shot of is them in their carseats.

Davis is six months old now, so we have been starting him on cereals. He wasn't crazy about them at first, but he is coming around. Addison loves "helping" to feed him.



Here they are in their highchairs. Of our four dining room chairs, two are occupied with highchairs. I guess we won't be inviting anybody to dinner anytime soon - there is no place to sit!


They also love bathtime together. Although I'm constantly reminding Addison to only wash Davis' feet, because she inevitably dumps water over his face while "washing his hair". Good thing the kid loves the water!


I also have a new trick to keep Addie from streaking around the house after the bath, which she loves to do. I lay Davis down and have her put lotion on him while I sneak some lotion on her. I was pretty proud of myself for finding a way to get around her freaking out because I want to get her lotioned and diapered after the bath.

It's October and I have to say fall in the midwest is beautiful. All of the fields are being cut down, the leaves are changing and it's in the low 70s. We are going to a HUGE pumpkin patch this weekend in Gretna, Nebraska. It's called Vala's and is supposedly amazing. I'm sure we'll get some great pictures and I will make sure I post them this weekend.

Love & Miss Everybody!

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are growing up too fast. I can not believe how beautiful addy is getting! Her hair is getting so long too I can not wait to see her and Davis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- that's so great! It sounds like life gets easlier with 2 when the baby is about 6 months old. I'll take note of that for the future! I too LOVE my kitchen aid. Wish I had more time to use it. Can't believe Addie is sleeping in a big girl bed! That's super that she slept through the night on the first night!! (and I totally laughed when I read how she fell out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I are both horrible mothers I guess! JK...you are such a great mom!!! Isn't this a fun stage w/the kids?!? I LOVE bathing them together and getting them ready for bed together! Oh...the good ole' days! Addie will figure out the bed...you can always try putting the mattress on the ground until she gets used to being out of the crib (less of a fall). I LOVE fall and am very jealous of you guys...luckily we were just in UT and got to go to my uncle's pumpkin patch and play around for a while. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete