Tuesday, October 7, 2008

She DOES Love Him!

Cute story that I wanted to share:

This morning Addison, Davis and I went to a neighborhood park by our house. She had been having a rough morning - lots of whining and stuff so I knew she needed to get out and run around in the fresh air.

We had a great time running around, going down slides and swinging on the swings. Davis is sitting up pretty independently most of the time now, so he was sitting on a blanket to the side of us, in the grass, watching us.

As any mom of a toddler knows, explaining it's time to go back home for lunch is a precarious situation! I was trying to keep her spirits high, so I discreetly scooped Davis up, and told Addie we were going to march to the car. So we marched. Then we walked slooow, then we walked fast, then we walked in zig-zags, you get the picture.

We were halfway there when I thought she realized what I was doing because she freaked out and started crying and walking back towards the playground. I thought great, here comes the tantrum.

I walked up to get her and I heard her crying, "Davis! Davis! Davis!" while looking back towards the spot in the grass he'd been sitting. Apparently she was so consumed by our walking that she didn't notice I had Davis in my arms and thought we had left him at the park!!!!!!! I said, "Honey, Davis is right here!" and showed her Davis on my hip and when she saw him, immediately stopped crying and continued to the car.

She really DOES love him!

3 comments:

  1. Okay that almost made me cry! How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really sweet. Despite evidence to the contrary, it is possible for brothers and sisters to love eachother.
    -Aubrey

    ReplyDelete